Dr. Damian Axente
Scientific Researcher I
Department: Physics and Technology of Isotopes
Research Team: Isotopic Separation and Labeled Compounds
Phone: (+40)264-584037, int. 229
Office: Building C5, Room 144
Research Interests and Expertise
- Isotope separation, Labeled compounds with stable isotopes, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Technology, Inorganic Chemistry
- Isotope separation by isotopic exchange, ionic exchange, distillation (rectification).
- Kinetics and mechanism of isotopic exchange.
- The production of 15N by isotopic exchange in nitrogen oxides in gaseous phase – nitric acid solution (NITROX) system.
- Synthesis of labeled compounds with stable isotopes: 15N, 18O, 13C.
- Thermo-catalytic conversion of sulfuric acid into sulfur dioxide for its recycling in the 15N production plant
Graduated in Chemistry 1964, Faculty of Chemistry, Univ. Babeş-Bolyai, Cluj-Napoca
PhD in Chemistry (Physical Chemistry) 1973, Faculty of Chemistry, Univ. Babeş-Bolyai, Cluj-Napoca